Sunday 5 April 2009

What a hoot!

Can you believe this – three posts in three days!


Today I am going to show you the card I made for a swap. Now there is a bit of a back story to this. I love Owls – I have for a long time and even had a stuffed owl when I was a child. His name was Wol – after the Owl in the AA Milne stories (and yes I am as challenged by spelling as that Owl). At my parents home there is a wonderful wooden owl who gets decorated with a twig of holly in his beat every Christmas. Its hollow and as a child it was a real treat to look inside at all the treasures. I loved it when I met an owl for real while on holiday a few years ago.


I have been longing for Stampin’ Up! to do an Owl Stamp for as long as I have been a demonstrator (that and a lighthouse – another story for another day). Imagine for a moment my excitement when I first saw our New Mini Catalogue and there was the most cute adorable owl staring at me from the screen. Yes I first saw it on line and no I was not at home – I was at my favourite hotel in Birmingham. I should probably apologise to the people in the room next door who had to put up with the mad lady next door who shouted with joy about getting an owl!


So when some fellow demonstrators decided to organise a swap I offered to make a card using the set the owl comes in – Forrest Friends. Here is the card I made.

The card is Old Olive and Not Quite Navy on Very Vanilla. The rabbit was stamped in Chocolate Chip on the Old Olive. I then masked the rabbit and stamped the Old Olive with the Scratched Stamp in Old Olive. The Not Quite Navy panel had small holes punched in it to make the stars and an owl stamped in Chocolate Chip on a vellum moon. I love that the SU classic ink pads work so well on the vellum card. The trees were stamped after the layers were assembled.


You can expect to see more cards with the owl on very soon!


If you would like your own Owl (or rabbit or deer) stamp please do get in touch.



Happy Crafting



Bekka

Pin It

1 comment:

lindiloo said...

Love it - well thought out! one of my favourite sets!