Friday 4 November 2011

Find out About Friday - Top Tips for Making Christmas Cards

One questions I have been asked a lot recently is if it is too late to start making Christmas Cards to send this year, so I thought for this week’s Find Out About Friday I would answer that questiond share some tips to help you along the way.
Pennant Parade Chritmas Card
The answer is absolutely not – you still have plenty of time to make Christmas Cards this year. Here in the UK the last posting dates recommend by the Post Office for sending cards in the UK are 17 December for Second Class and 20 December for First Class. If you want to check dates to other places they have a handy look up table here.

So there is well over a month to get your cards made. There are some things you can do to make the task simpler, so here are my top 5 tips
  1. Keep your design simple and easy to replicate. You want your finished card to look very impactful and you want to make sure it is only going to need a regular stamp. 
  2. Break your final design down into a number of stages and work in batches. So for each batch do one stage for all the cards at once and then move onto the next stage. For example cut all your cards at once, then fold them all at once, etc. This will save you a lot of time.
  3. Craft with a friend or involve the family – having someone to talk to who is also crafting while you are doing this will make the process enjoyable. Who knows you could be starting a whole new family tradition!
  4. Use high quality products in colours that you love! This will ensure you have as little wastage as possible and that you enjoy looking at the cards as you make them. This all makes the process both quicker and less likely to be put to one side.
  5. Don’t leave writing your cards until the day before they have to go in the post. Personally I know I have been guilty of leaving the writing of my cards too late in the past and I have found myself with a last moment rush and with cramp in my hands from writing them all!
It does not sound too daunting when put like that does it? There are however two more things I can do to help. 

  1. Purchase any Christmas Stamp Set from me between now and the end of the month and if you want I will help you come up with some easy to replicate designs with that stamp set.
  2. Come to Christmas Card Club – we have two more meetings of the Christmas Card Club and at each meeting you will make 10 Christmas Cards. Full details here.
Just email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk 

I hope you find these tips helpful

Happy Stampin’

Pin It

No comments: