Sunday 26 July 2009

Stamp With Us Challenge

I have been having a lot of stamping fun this weekend having spent most of yesterday stamping with two different groups of friends, but I will tell you more about that and show you some of the things we made over the next few days.

Sunday is Stamp with US Challenge Day and this week the challenge is a recipe challenge. The challenge recipe is Two Patterned Papers, One Ribbon and One Piece of Hardware. I find these recipes quite hard but once I get started I really enjoy them.

So here is my card for this week
I wanted to create something with a slightly vintage look so have used the wonderful Tea and Crumpets Papers – these always feel very cottagey to me. I also wanted to use my new toy – a wonderful little second hand sewing machine that I brought from the lovely Kate, so I stitched the papers onto a layer of Natural Ivory Card. I loved using my new toy – thank you Kate.

The main image is from the Live Your Dreams Stamp Set. I have coloured it using marker pens in Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink and Apricot Appeal. I love the precision with which you can add colour with the markers and how this allows you to shade your image.

The stamped image was cut out using the Oval Nestabilities and then I shaded round the edge with Apricot Appeal to give a soft and aged look. I mounted it on a scalloped oval of Always Artichoke. The sentiment is mounted behind a piece from the silver hodge podge hardware kit on a length of Always Artichoke ribbon.

I really enjoyed making this and look forward to seeing what you make in response to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Crafting
Bekka
PS: Edited – I have just seen the card the talented Sara made for this challenge – what a great card lay out! We did not compare notes honest ...
Pin It

1 comment:

Lainee said...

This is beautiful, Bekka. Love the colors together.