Tuesday 22 June 2010

Yikes! What has or has not happened here?

Eeeek – what has happened to my blog posts from last week? I scheduled you lots of lovely things to look at but they seem to have disappeared into cyberspace – probably operator error – so sorry. Shall I try again? Thank you for continuing to pop by to see if anything has been happening here.


Well Let me see what I can remember ...

Very importantly there was the winner of my blog candy and actually since you have all had to wait so long to find out if yotu were a winner I have decided there are now going to be three winners of samaples of the new colours – so drum roll please ...

Congratulations go to
PollyPurpleHorse
Elaine
Wrightboysmum
If you would each email your postal addresses to bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk I will get your goodies on their way to you.

I thought I had also shared several cards with you – I will share them again but today I am going to focus on just on – the one I made for this week’s Stamp With Us Challenge. This week it is a colour challenge – usually my favourites but this one was really hard!

Here is the inspiration picture
Gorgeous colours all but for some reason they did not want to play nicely on my card. I set out to make something clean and simple with a lot of white space.

And ended up with this ...

Not sure where I took a different turn, maybe it was when I was scrunching an attempt up to put it in the bin! The background was made with a piece of photocopier paper. I stamped the En Francais background words on it in Basic Grey. The I took my Cameo Coral Ink Pad and lightly rubbed it over some of the surface. I repeated this with Ruby Red and then Creamy Caramel ink. I ended up with something that looked quite a mess! Next I scrunched it up in a few directions and then opened it out again and lightly swiped the Rich Razzleberry Ink over the top to highlight the creases. I added some more ink around the edges. I was pleased with the results. The focal image is from the Bird on A Branch Stamp Set and combines Real Red and Rich Razzleberry. The greeting is from the Cheers and Wishes Stamp Set.

Dont forget to check out the rest of the design team’s cards – they are wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by and please do come back soon and see if I have beaten the technology and managed to post again!

Happy Stampin’

Bekka Pin It

3 comments:

SarahLP said...

Wow.. what a fabulous background! I must try this technique. :o)

Monica Gale said...

OH WOW my jaw just dropped!! Bekka this is stunning xx

Birgit Schröder said...

Wow, that looks fantastic!!!
Greetings Biggie