Monday 11 October 2010

Old Sea Dog!

Continuing with the Pirate theme today I am going to show you another card made using the new Beware Pirates Stamp Set. The sentiment seemed to sum up how I am feeling today!

The wonderfully versatile Stamp Set lends its self very well to the vintage distressed look, so I thought I would give that a go.

The main image has been stamped in Early Espresso (such a wonderful rich dark brown colour) onto Crumb Cake (or as we used to call it Kraft!). I have then ripped round the edges and distressed them using the distressing tool on my cutter kit. I then inked the edges with Soft Suede Ink. He is mounted on some torn Early Espresso.

The Crumb Cake base has been splattered with Marina Mist ink using the new Color Spritzer Tool. Wow what a lot of fun that is – this ingenious little device allows you to create amazing misted effects using your Stampin’ Write Markers. Brilliant!

If you would like this tool or any other Stampin’ Up! products please email me (bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk)

I will be back with more pirates for you in a couple of days.

Happy Stampin’

Bekka

Pin It

1 comment:

Tee McNeil Art said...

You've got some serious piraty goodness going on here! Arrr!