Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope all the mothers reading are having a wonderful day and are being thoroughly spoilt.

As well as being mother’s day here is the UK it’s a Stamp With Us Sunday, so rather than posting a Mother’s Day card I have something entirely different for you – this week’s theme is Men’s Cards. I know a lot of people find these really hard so I hope this week’s challenge will give you lots of inspiration, be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team have created too.

I really enjoyed this challenge and this is what I came up with ...

A Faux Leather Wallet holding two cards.

The wallet is made from black card which I covered with Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder. I then pulled my paper folder lightly through the powder before heating it to get the patters. Once I had embossed the outside I stuck the two flaps down along their outside edge with sticky tape and punched a series of little holes around the outside edges. I then joined the dots on the outside and inside with my White Gel Pen to give the effect of stitching.

The inside of the Wallet holds two cards. A greetings card and a gift card holder (please forgive the girly pink gift card – it was the only one I had to hand!).

The cards were made from Taken With Teal card and the patterned papers were made by stamping various stamps from the Circle Circus Stamp Set, its such a wonderful and versatile stamp set! I used a combination of Taken With Teal, tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa and Basic Black Inks. On the greetings card I added the Happy Birthday star from the Starring You Stamp Set layered onto some Basic Black.

I hope our cards inspire you all to play along with this challenge and I look forward to seeing what you have all come up with

Happy Stampin

Bekka Pin It

2 comments:

Steph said...

Love your faux leather wallet - fab! x

Sara said...

Great idea Bekka - and I really thought you'd stitched the wallet, lol.

Sara xx