Friday 12 April 2013

Find Out About Friday - New Storage Boxes for Wood Mount Stamps coming 1 July

I admit it - I collect Stamps! That will probably come as no surprise to you and for this week's Find Out About Friday I am going to share some news about storing them which I find very exciting!

When Stampin' Up! first introduced Clear Mount Stamps I was very excited about them for three main reasons.  Firstly they are a little cheaper, secondly they take up less storage space and thirdly because of how they look on the shelf.  As I have used them more this reason has become even more important to me.

The Clear Mount Stamps come in DVD Style cases which line up neatly on the shelf and each has an index on the spine so you can quickly and easily see what is inside each one.

All that said I love my Wood Mount Stamps - you can just open the box, ink and go!  They are also great for stamp sets that I use a lot with a Stamp-a-ma-jig as I can create a permanent placement sheet for the set from some vellum card stock.  I do not however like how they look on the shelf - you have to pull out each box to see what is in it or remember from the name of the set.  I find that when I am crafting I use what I can see so that is really important to me.

See the difference...

Stampin' Up! have just announced that from the 1st of July the Wood Mount Stamps will come in cases that are very similar to the clear mount cases and which will have an index of images on the spine!  I was doing a happy dance before I even watched this video!  

Click here to play the video
It will also be possible to purchase empty cases to transfer your existing wood mount stamps into.  The full size boxes will cost £6.25 for four and the half size ones will cost £4.50 for four.  There will even be a template so you can create your own labels for those stamp sets.

This is very exciting and gives us something to look forward to in July - however it is also a reminder that we only have until the end of June to collect the things we want from the current catalogues.  To order the things you would like to add to your collection just email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Happy Stampin

Pin It

No comments: