Sunday 22 November 2009

Stamp With Us - The Last Recipe Challenge!

Hello everyone and welcome to this Sunday’s Stamp With Us Challenge. This week is an important week over at Stamp With Us as they are announcing some changes. Firstly, the challenges are now going to be every other week, to give everyone (including the design team!) longer to get their entries together. Talking of the design team – how do you fancy joining us? Pop over to Stamp With Us and find out how – I really enjoy being part of the team, so can highly recommend it.


The third change that has been announced today is that this is going to be the last recipe challenge. I do have to admit these were my least favourite and it seems I am not alone so the decision has been taken to stop doing them! To celebrate this I decided to be very true to the recipe and add absolutely no extra ingredients at all. Keeping to the recipe without adding extras is I think what made these challenges so hard!

This week’s recipe is to use
2 Patterned Papers
1 Stamp
3 Brads
So here is my card.

It features the wonderful Bridesmaid Speciality Papers (which are even more scrummy in real life they have the most beautiful sheen and they are strong enough to be a card base. My other patterned paper is from the Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper – I adore these papers and am going to have to get myself some more of them!

The flowers are from the beautiful Garden Dream’s Hostess Stamp Set and were stamped onto the Bella Bleu Paper and more Bridesmaid paper using Not Quite Navy. These were then cut out and layered onto the card. Due to the sheen on the Bridesmaid papers you will need to allow a little time for the ink to dry before cutting these out. Three of the flowers have Rhinestone Brads in the centre.

The right hand edge of the card was then cut with the Eyelet Border Punch and a strip of the Bella Bleu paper added to the back of the card.

I hope you like this card.

Now there is a bonus card for you too! As regular readers will know yesterday I participated in the 12 blogs of Christmas Blog hop. If you have not checked that out yet I can recommend it – there are some fantastic projects along the way and many chances to get some Blog Candy – including on my post here! There is also the chance to get a free class from the Craft Academy which you can find here. More news about the Craft Academy soon.

In honour of the Blog Hop I thought I would do a Christmas Card following the Recipe too. The supplies I used are very similar, but this time I used the lovely tree from Scandinavian Season.

I was really pleased with how this turned out and may well have to make some more!

Thanks for stopping by today and don’t forget to go round the 12 blogs of Christmas for inspiration, comment on the relevant posts to get some free goodies, including my last post here and the Craft Academy here.

Then please do join in with this week’s Stamp With Us Challenge and put yourself forward for the Design Team.

Happy Craftin’

Bekka
Pin It

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love this challenge card Bekka, Great use of the hostess set and that Bella Bleu is gorgeous. My problem is I keep stroking it and putting it away again rather than using it, lol.

Sara

Zoe Tant said...

I love your card for the challenge Bekka. It's gorgeous in colour, products and layout. Hugs Zx

Ali Watson said...

Gorgeous creations Bekke I'm loving the first one. The edge of the card looks great with the SU punch.