Thursday 26 November 2009

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and visitors.

Thanksgiving is not something we would typically celebrate here in the UK, but when visiting some blogs recently I kept coming across a question that got me thinking. The question is ‘What are you thankful for?’ What a great question.

I thought about it for a while and then felt inspired to make a little Mini Book capturing 10 things that I am thankful for right now.


The Mini Book was made from one sheet of 12x12 Card and was a great excuse to use some of my current favourite products, so I have teamed it with papers from the Bella Bleu pack. I am going to have to get me some more of these as I have almost finished two packs already!!!

The book unfolds and reveals things I am thankful for as it goes.


I had a lot of fun thinking about what to put in my list of 10 things as well as making this book.

I kept the embellishment of the book to a minimum so it will still fold flat.

I am really enjoying working in the 6x4 inch size at the moment too – as you will see if you come back in a couple of days when I will be sharing a very special project. Not only is it is going to be my first tutorial for the Craft Academy but it is also going to help me remember for years to come what should be a very special time.

If you decided to create a project recording what you are thankful for right now I would love to see a picture so please leave me a link (who knows there may even be a prize for my favourite!)

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Craftin

Bekka

PS. Don’t forget there is still time to enter the draw for a Free Medallion Background Stamp here Pin It

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very thoughtful today - we should reflect more often shouldn't we. Right at this moment I am thankful for sunshine through my window, 80's music on the radio and working from home so I can appreciate both