Sunday 1 August 2010

Celebrating the start of August with a Blog Hop

Can you believe it’s August already? It’s a month I look forward to every year, as it’s always full of celebrations here and this August is not going to be an exception!

If you have arrived here from Carolyn’s blog as part of the Stampin’ Up! Scrapbooking Blog Hop hello and welcome. If this is your first visit please make yourself at home and I hope to see you again soon :-) And just in case you need an incentive to come back there are going to be some special offers and give aways this month ...

So what is this blog hop all about? This month Stampin’ Up! are joining in my celebrations by offering you 20% off the following Two Step Stampin’ Stamp Sets.

Two step stampin’ gives some wonderful results and is a lot of fun, if you have not tried it yet there has never been a better time! This scrapbooking blog hop aims to inspire you to use these stamp sets for scrapbooking as well as cardmaking by showing you some scrapbook pages and mini books using them. And what a talented group of scrappers the contributors to this blog hop are and I am flattered that they think my efforts are good enough to be featured :-)

I decided to make a mini book for a friend who is celebrating a very special occasion this month. She loves purples and lilacs so the choice of colours was easy and I just had to reach for one of my favourite stamp sets – the glorious Greenhouse Garden.

I love how dimensional the finished flowers are and how much fun it is to make your own patterned papers.

The main album was made from one 12x12 sheet of Almost Amethyst Textured Card and the pockets have been decorated with the patterned paper I stamped layerd onto Elegant Eggplant.

The tags that sit in each of the 8 pockets have also been decorated with the stamped paper, some coordinating ribbon and some delicious filigree brads.

For the covers I used more panels of the stamped papers and on the front added an embellishment which features two more of the sets which you can purchase at 20% off during this fantastic promotion. I am really enjoying the Bird on a Branch Stamp Set (just as well as I am going to using it with 150 ladies over the next week!) and Tiny Tags. With its coordinating punch this set is rapidly becoming a go to set and is one I think should be in everyone’s collection.  If you need to know how to add it to yours just ask!

I think its time I told you about one of the special offers that I am going to have on my blog this month ... One of the things we will be celebrating this month is my birthday and this offer is good from now until my birthday ... Everyone who signs up for my newsletter between now and my birthday will receive a tutorial on how to make this mini book and one lucky person will win prize – a stamp a ma jig, which is an indispensible tool when Two Step Stampin. If you sign up for my newsletter you will be one of the first people to hear about special offers and some offers that are only made to subscribers. You will also get free tutorials from time to time. So pop over to the shiney box on the right of this blog and make sure you sign up for my newsletter before my birthday ... You just have to guess when that is so dont leave it too long!

So are you ready to carry on with the blog hop? Well next stop is the lovely Sarah who organised us all and is an amazing scrapper so I am sure you will find her post very inspiring.

If you have any questions about two step stampin’ or any other stampin up products please just ask either in the comments or by email on bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you here again soon

Happy Stampin’

Bekka

Pin It

15 comments:

debbi taylor said...

fantastic project - the colours are amazing! I love the brad detail too x

Dawn said...

Lovely mini album

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work as usual Bekka

Unknown said...

love it Bekka. Emma xx

simplyfairies said...

fabulous Bekka, and of course I now know how to make, whoohooooo!!

Gemma said...

So pretty.
Gem
x

Sheryl said...

Very pretty! Love how you have used the stamps to make background paper.

Alex said...

Lovely mini book Bekka, love what you've done with Greenhouse Garden stamp set.

I've had a fantastic time blog hopping to all ten blogs, thanks so much, it's ended on a beautiful project!

Enjoy your weekend.

Alex x

SarahLP said...

Well, what a beautiful project to end on, Bekka - I really love how you've made your own patterned paper for this gorgeous little book. You've demonstrated the Greenhosue Garden set beautifully! Love your colour combination too.

Thanks so much for joining in the blog hop!

Sarah x

Sandra said...

Lovely Project Bekka. Sandra

Zoe Tant said...

Bekka this is really lovely and what a wonderful gift it will make for your friend! Zx

Pat said...

Fantastic album! I love greenhouase garden! Pat x

mary mc ananey said...

Hi Bekka your book is fab and I see you share your birthday month with me

rozzyb said...

wonderful project.
Hugs rozzy xx

humel said...

I love August - it just so happens to be my birthday month too!

Love your project, the flowers are gorgeous and the birdie so sweet! :-)