Thursday 18 November 2010

12 Designs for Christmas - Card 6

Now I will quite happily admit that I am addicted to Christmas Stamps – every year I tell myself that I don’t really need any more Christmas Stamps and then every year some totally scrummy Christmas Stamps come along and well they just have to join my collection!

I also know that some of you are stronger willed than I am and that you don’t own many Christmas Stamps so today’s card for the 12 Designs for Christmas Series features a non Christmas Stamp Set.

Stampin’ Up!’s Party this Way Stamp Set includes a lovely banner stamp, and here I have turned it upside down to make a lovely Christmas Tree. The Scallop edges make for a pretty decoration and I have filled the middle of the tree with scraps of Designer Series Papers. The colours I have used for the trees are a dynamic duo from the Stampin’ Up! Colour Coach, Garden Green and the Scrummy Pear Pizzaz.

The base of the card is Bashful Blue and it has been stamped in White Ink with images from Serene Snowflakes and the sentiment from Contempo Christmas. Some torn Whisper White Card provides the ground.

To complete the card you will need
An A6 card bland made from Bashful Blue Card
Scraps of Garden Green Card
Scraps of Pear Pizzaz Designer Series Papers
Scrap of Whisper White Card
Whisper White Ink
Garden Green Ink
Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set
Party This Way Stamp Set

I am really pleased with how this card turned out and it got me wondering – what other Christmas Cards could you make using non Christmas Stamps – I would love to hear your ideas so please leave a comment below.

Happy Stampin'

Bekka

Pin It

1 comment:

Gemma said...

This is gorgeous.
Gem
x