Monday 13 May 2013

This and That in Telford - Travel and Special Event Journal / Smash Book

Wow what an amazing, action packed weekend I have had!  I spent it with some of my favorite people, my Stampin' Up! Team (the Stampin' Super Stars)  and friends at the Stampin' Up! Regional Training in Telford.  I love these events when we all get together and always come home with loads of lovely memories and a head buzzing with ideas!

I decided that it would be great to capture these in one place and my This and That Journal is an ideal place to do that. Today I thought I would show you some of my progress so far.  
Telford This and That Travel and Special Event Journal / Smash Book by Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Bekka Prideaux - get lots of ideas for your journals and smash books on her blog

Here is the cover - I kept it very basic as this was going to be slung into my handbag and passed around a lot.  Now I am back home I will probably add some more to it - there is plenty of room!  So far I have literally just rubbed two Ink Pads (Pool Party and Crumb Cake) over the chipboard to colour it and give a lovely mottled effect.  I ran some Washi Tape along the inner edge.  Then I stamped the letters of Telford on some of the This and That DSP and cut them out and stuck them on.   

I wanted this book to be more than just about me - The people I meet and see at these events are a huge part of what makes them so special so I wanted to capture that too.  So I took a Poloroid Camera with me and as I took people's photos I got them to write in the book and add their photo - where they wrote was totally up to them.  Here are just a few of the pages I have ended up with.
Telford This and That Travel and Special Event Journal / Smash Book by Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Bekka Prideaux - get lots of ideas for your journals and smash books on her blog

There are lots of these guest book / autography book type pages dotted through the book and I will go back and add my stories between them.  I am looking forward to doing so as there are so  many fun things I want to remember, a fun meal out with the team, our time crafting together and much much more.

If you would like to know more about the This and That Journal / Smash Book from Stampin' Up! and how you can get the most from it check this link

Happy Stampin'
Bekka Prideaux - Stampin' Up! in UK, Nederlands, Österreich, Deutschland & France.  Top Demonstrator.  Buy Stampin' Up! Card Making and Scrapbooking Supplies or start your own Stampin' Up! business. Join Stampin' Up! here

Pin It

1 comment:

Nerdy Girl.... The Life of Linda said...

Wow. This is brilliant. Love the idea of the photos and everyone writing their bits. Loving the cover coloured with the ink pads. Colours look great together.