Sunday 18 October 2009

Bright Butterfly Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone!

Can you believe how quickly Sundays are coming around at the moment – is it just me or if the world speeding up?

Anyway since it really is Sunday that means its time for this week’s Stamp With Us Challenge. This week it is a recipe challenge. The recipe we were given was to create a project using the following ingredients

3 patterned papers, 3 brads, 3 coloured cards and 3 different stamps

My initial reaction was that this was a lot to fit on one card and for a while I found this challenge a hard one but then again it would not be a challenge if it was easy!

Anyway once I actually got going with it I really enjoyed it
The stamps I used were from the delicious new Flight of the Butterfly Stamp Set. I have been looking forward to inking this set up – the butterflies look great on their own or you can two step stamp them for some beautiful effects – I will show you those soon! The stamps also coordinate with the new Butterfly punch making it even more versatile. The colours I have used are Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise and Cameo Coral. I inked the edges of the stamped butterflies to give them a bit of extra dimension.

The patterned papers I have used are from the New Pink Flamingo Papers – they are a wonderful combination of bright colours and strong patterns. Just lovely. The brads are from the Rhinestone Circle Ice set.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s challenge and that you decided to play along over at Stamp With Us where you will also see that there is a new round of on line classes starting tonight – should be fun!

Happy Crafting

Bekka
Pin It

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Love what you did with the challenge Bekka- in spite of that complicated recipe you kept your card clean and stylish - those butterflies are adorable! I wasn't able to join in this week but am loving seeing what you all came up with, love K xx

Sara said...

I was worried about the number of elements as well but I love how elegant and uncluttered you've kept your card. Great set the butterfly stamps and punches aren't they. Going to have to get the flamingo papers now, lol.

Sara