Sunday 23 May 2010

Stamp with Us Sunday

Well it’s Sunday so time for another Stamp With Us Challenge and this week it’s a sketch challenge. Now it’s been a while since I scrapped and when I saw this sketch I knew straight away I wanted to make a layout using it.


Here is the sketch

And here is my layout.

One of the things I look forward to as spring settles into being here is the Wisteria coming out. I adore these beautiful flowers and most years take more pictures of them than I probably should! As well as being beautiful these flowers tell me that summer and sunshine really are on their way. Our Wisteria has only really just bloomed in the last week or so. I know it is important to plan ahead and at about the same time the Wisteria bloomed I was invited to the first meeting about next year’s panto! It seems very early to be thinking about something which is so closely associated with winter – this year’s panto was quite disrupted by all the snow – what a contrast to the lovely weather we are having at the moment!

The layout just documents this contrast. I have used a sheet of patterned papers from the Sweet Pea Stack as my base. The photo is mounted on some Chocolate Chip Card and the a layer of Almost Amethyst which has been stamped using the Greenhouse Garden Stamp Set in Almost Amethyst and Lavender Lace. This was then covered in Champaign Mist Shimmer Paint. I have also used some of the delicious Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon and made my journaling block using the Frames with Flourishes Stamp Set. I finished off the page with three flowers made by rocking and rolling the Vintage Vogue flower. I stamped and cut out two images for each flower and added a yellow rhinestone brad to the centre of each to mirror the colours in the Wisteria.

I enjoyed making this and hope it inspires you to use the sketch. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the team’s creations.

Happy Stampin

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is just gorgeous. I love how you've made the inner square a close-up - very clever.

Sara xx