Friday 5 March 2010

Inspired by a shirt!

One question I get asked quite a lot is where do I get my ideas for cards from. Its a tough question to answer but one I have given some thought to. Sometimes the ideas come from looking at a particular Stamp Set or a particular combination of colours. Sometimes they come from challenges – you know I love a challenge right? Sometimes they come they come from cards I have seen, there are some talented card makers out there and sometimes the shops have great cards too. Or maybe from pictures I have noticed, I keep a file of pictures that interest or inspire me for days I don’t know what to make. Sometimes the ideas come from things I see around me. Today’s card is one of those cards!

Today’s card was inspired by a friend’s shirt. I love the combination of colours and the organic flow of the pattern. It probably helped that she looked stunning in it too! I had been meaning to do something with this idea for a while and it finally materialised in a card we made at a recent class.
The colours used are Bordering Blue, Certain Celery, Close to Cocoa and a little bit of Blush Blossom. The stamp set is Simply Said. Don’t forget if you order the Simply Said Stamp Set this month you can order the limited availability large heart punch for just £10. I would encourage you to hurry thought they are already proving very popular!

I hope you like today’s card, and I would love to know where you get your ideas from.

Happy Stampin’

Bekka

Pin It

No comments: