Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Card Keeper

One of my favourite things about Christmas is the cards. I love making them, I love receiving them and hearing everyone’s news. Ok so maybe I don’t like actually writing them but I am always glad I did!

As we start to take our decorations down I don’t like to throw our cards away – they are so pretty and looking back through them makes me smile. I don’t keep all of all of them – I cut out bits of designs I like or messages I know I will want to read again. Handmade cards get kept – end of!

Keeping the cards and bits of the cards however causes a problem – what to do with them and how to store them. I like to see problems as a chance to craft so this year I have made a card keeper. I wanted something I could unobtrusive, something that could sit on a shelf and be looked at when ever I wanted.

This is what I came up with – from the spine it looks like a book

From the outside it looks like a book

But inside

there are pockets, ready for all that goodness to just be popped in and stored!

I think I will make more of these, we have birthday’s coming up in this household soon and that means more cards and another chance to make something!




Happy Stampin’

Bekka Pin It
Post a Comment