Thursday 30 April 2009

Lets have Three Blooms for the Third Challenge!

The third and final challenge that we were set on Monday night was a tricky one – not least as we only had just 30 mins to create our cards. Our instructions were to use Gable Green, Pixie Pink and Lavender Lace one punch and no ribbon! I was pleased I had got my ribbon fix with the card before!
For speed I stuck with the Bloomin’ with Beauty Stamp Set and spent a long time trying to decide if I was going to use the Scallop Circle Punch or the Scallop Edge.


As you can see I went for the Scallop Circle, which allowed me to highlight my images, create interesting heart shaped corners and to create an interesting background on the Gable Green layer. The heart shapes were made by lining up the corner of my card with two of the scallops from the circle. I wanted to give the background some texture and it was made by sponging Gable Green ink around a part of a cut out scallop circle, moving the circle and repeating.
The finished card did not come out as
I hoped it would and the bad photographhy really does not help, but I do like how fresh it looks and how different the same stamp can look!

Happy Crafting

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is so pretty Bekka, especially the colours - can't believe you made it in 30 mins (my cards take me HOURS) Anyway, you've won my little folder with the images so can you pop over to A Passion For Papertrey & email me your address? Thanks hun xxx