Thursday 6 August 2009

Monica's More Mustard Challenge

Last night there was a live chat as part of the Stamp With Us Summer Class. After we had talked about shoes, chocolate and even nude men on beaches, Monica set the us all a card making challenge. Probably a good thing! I really enjoy doing these challenges as you only have a little time (in this case just over an hour) and you try things you would not otherwise try.

Monica challenged us to use More Mustard, the purple or lilac of our choice, a third colour and a neutral. We had to make our own patterned paper and make a card with at least four layers. Now while I love to make patterned paper I very seldom have four layers on my cards and as for mixing purple and mustard – that was new for me!

To make it even more exciting Monica offered a prize to the five entries her hubby liked the most. Now I have never met him but I always knew he was lovely (after all he is married to Monica) but now I am more sure than before as he picked my card as one of the winners – Thank you Pete – Love you X

So do you want to see it?
Colours used were More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst and Whisper White. The stamps are Soft Summer, Scratched, Polka Dot and One of a Kind. I used the two background stamps and the small flower from One of a Kind to make the background paper. The Main image is from Soft Summer and it is coloured with inks and a blender pen. The flowers were stamped and coloured a second time and added with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I hope you like it as much as Pete did!

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Crafting


Bekka Pin It

2 comments:

Mandy said...

it's gorgeous Bekka!! Really love your background paper, very clever!!

Mandy
x

Hayley said...

Beautiful card Bekka! You deserved to win.
x